Boring carport becomes stylish feature
While we all appreciate a house with perfect layout and everything just so, often that's not the case and we need to work with what we've got.
Check out this video for great DIY solutions
There are things you can do to camouflage areas of your home either to enjoy it yourself, or to make it look great to prospective buyers.
Usable outdoor area
The solutions for this formerly dull and dark space include:
- Making an attractive cover for the outside air conditioning unit
- Tiling over concrete
- Turning an unattractive brick wall into a feature wall with light reflecting tiles
- Painting over a concrete walkway
- Creating an attachment for hanging baskets on a ceiling that can't be drilled
- Palm Springs look styling
This makeover is also something to keep in mind when you are house-hunting. It might help you envisage how to deal with a tricky feature that doesn't really work.
You might also like:
- Checklist to prevent house buying pitfalls
- Do your DIY jobs legally
- Curb appeal: Bring the buyers in off the street