There are DIY projects you can do to get your house ready to sell, anything from a fresh coat of paint to tackling a problem corner with a fresh eye and a bit of ingenuity.
While it's great when you already have a house with perfect layout, often that's not the case and we need to work with what we've got.
Check out these videos for DIY solutions for difficult corners
There is always something we can do to make a problem corner look better, more loved and more lived in.
The first video has some easy to-do ideas for bringing a neglected side-of-the-house patio back to life.
The second video takes an undeveloped backyard patch of lawn and transforms it into an attractive space - on a budget.
Boring carport becomes more usable space
In the third video, this formerly dull and dark space, which was probably underused, was transformed into a BBQ area. Changes include:
- Making a more attractive cover for the outside air conditioning unit
- Tiling over concrete
- Turning an unattractive brick wall into a feature wall with light reflecting tiles
- Painting over a concrete walkway
- Creating an attachment for hanging baskets on a ceiling that can't be drilled
For New Zealand tastes and conditions, rather than tiling, painting dated looking brick is a modernising look, especially when using fashion forward colours.
You might also like:
- Checklist to prevent house buying pitfalls
- Do your DIY jobs legally
- Curb appeal: Bring the buyers in off the street
Sign up to news about buying a house by adding your details below: